Skip to main content

Twinkie Lightsaber Cake

First, I have to admit I can create alot of things but cakes are not one of my strong points.  I don't know if I try too hard or what but very seldom do my cake creations turn out the way I envision.
It still doesn't keep me from trying though. 😁
So tomorrow is my DH's 36th Birthday!  We celebrated early since he has to work.  My daughter and I had to come up with a "No Bake Cake"  this year because the element in my oven went out and we had to order another one.  
DH is a (closet) Star Wars fan so we came up with a lightsaber cake made from Twinkies and store bought cake frosting.
We used the whole box of twinkies to make 2 lightsabers.  And gel icing coloring and regular dood coloring to make the icing into the colors that we wanted.
It actually turned out okay DH loved it and my daughter was so excited.
 We also added some red sprinkles to the red one so it sparkled a little.  I don't usually buy icing bags since I don't bake alot of specialty cakes. I use ziplock bags and snip off a corner (which is why the writing and outlines Suck! 😉 )

Comments